Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Ready for Inspection

 My day job teammates have been getting ready for our inspection today when our top leadership people visit us.  This reminds me of my childhood days when our marine corps dad asked us to prepare our bedrooms for inspection.  My five siblings and I stood erect as dad carefully inspected every nook and cranny.  Dad's words still echo in my brain even though he's been gone for 22 years, "If you're gonna do it, do it right."

Speaking of doing it right, our newly formed pickleball committee is having a meeting tonight to discuss plans for outdoor pickleball courts in our community.  We will need to search high and low for the necessary funds to get this project done.  The excitement is building.  The recommendation from City Hall is to form a 501c3 nonprofit corporation so that we can be eligible to raise money and lease the land from the city.  There is much to discuss.  Have a great day.

No comments: