Saturday, June 22, 2024

Men's 40+ Tennis Team Seeks Championship on Home Turf Today

 My men's 40+ team is battling for top bragging rights today at 11am in Iowa City in the 4.0 Division.  Winner goes to Springfield, MO in August.  This may be one of our strongest teams ever.  I won't be in the lineup today as we have a deep bench.  I will be cheering for my teammates to win it all on the Hawkeye tennis courts.  I'm thankful my boss at my day job has granted me time off to play in Springfield should we win today.  We missed a state championship in the 18+ age group in a match that was decided by two super tiebreakers that didn't go our way although we may get a second chance should we be awarded a wildcard spot in Oklahoma City.  Good luck to my teammates today.  It has been a great year of preparation.  Have a great day.

No comments: