Friday, December 22, 2023

Be Wary of Your Tendency Towards Division

Believe me, I'm looking in the mirror regarding today's story.  I don't recall a time in my life when division has been so prevalent.  I do my best to find common ground in my daily encounters.  It's not supposed to be this way.  All of this is the result of our fall.  We see the world through a broken lens.  

Is there a solution to all the division in the world?  I believe the answer is yes.  This solution is three days away.  It comes in two parts.  Part one is celebrated on Christmas day with the birth of our Savior.  Part two comes at some point in the future when this Savior returns to put an end to the division.  The chief disruptor will be banished for a thousand years and peace will be restored as it was in the creation story in the Book of Genesis. 

In my opinion, this tendency towards division is fueled by anxiety, partly our own and partly the dark side.  Our anxiety comes from the increase we see in our personal differences.  The dark side is stoking the fire because it knows time is short.  The best way I know is to trust the perfect solution for mankind.  Trust Jesus.  Listen to the music of the Christmas season.  Let the lyrics touch your soul.  Work hard to put any differences aside.  Have a great day.

No comments: