Monday, December 9, 2019

Travel Afterburner is Activated

Afterburner definition:  an auxiliary burner fitted to the exhaust system of a turbojet engine to increase thrust.

I flipped a switch in my mind and fired up an afterburner to help me with my creativity for travel ideas.  Do not try this at home unless you're willing to deal with all the challenges that come from moving at supersonic speeds.  It's exhilarating.

Two ideas are gaining traction.  The first has to do with a group vacation in Montana.  I will share more with my family as I gather information.  The second idea is a long-term vision for road trips.  I'm calling this the "Lucy Project."  Lucy is the name of our future adventure van.  The first criterion for this idea is that we cannot adopt Lucy until we are 100% financially independent.  The second criterion is that we must pay as we go with the modifications in order to remain debt-free.  The time frame for our adoption looks like 2022.  Of course, final approval for these ideas is necessary from my co-pilot.  All I can say is the way things are going in our lives, Lucy will be a part of the family in no time.

Do you have an area of your life where turning on the afterburners may be helpful?  If you're unsure about flipping the switch, ask yourself if you will be happy if you find yourself in the same situation three to five years from now as you are today.  Be bold.  Seek adventure.  Have a great day.

No comments: