Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Should You Follow Your Inner Caveman Voice?

Caution.  Today's story may lead to transformation.  If you're not into change, this story may bring you some conflict.  I'm referring to those voices in your head most of us try to squash so we can better fit into the demands of our modern-day society.  The more I reflect on our caveman ancestors, the more I see the benefits of a somewhat nomadic lifestyle.  If you're having trouble following, think about all the traps we have today, like 30-year mortgages, car loans, and annual property taxes. I call them traps since we end up in these ruts and we must stay there for a lifetime to get out of debt and live free.  Our own possessions turn us into slaves.

Remember when you were a kid and you woke up every morning with a clean slate?  In my neighborhood, we built forts, explored mountains and lived every day to its fullest.  Then, we got jobs so we could pay for our homes.  Over time, these homes got bigger and bigger.  So did our obligations.  Our ancestors could build a hut in a couple of days.  Wow.  No mortgage.  Life was so simple.  Hunting and gathering produced healthy muscles and well-toned bodies.  Our inner caveman calls out because our bodies have become slabs of blubber from sitting and staring at the TV for hours at a time.

I'm not waiting until my retirement years to listen to my inner caveman voice.  I'm making a serious effort to become a part-time nomad and behave more like my caveman ancestors.  What is your inner caveman voice saying to you?  Are you ready to listen?  Have a great day.

No comments: