Thursday, December 5, 2019

Deposits and Withdrawals

Every action in your life is either a deposit or a withdrawal.  What you give is a deposit and what you take is a withdrawal.  The same is true in your relationships.  Making phone calls, sending notes or text messages and spending time with others goes in the "deposit" column.  Failing to respond or connect results in a "withdrawal."  How are you doing with your deposits and withdrawals?  Are you seeing red?  It's not too late to turn things around.

My goal for today is to take a look at my spending habits when it comes to my actions with others.  There is only so much gas in the tank.  If I take too much, I'm out of gas and I'm stranded.  The relationships with others fail.  I need to give in order to keep my relationships going.  My wife is at the top of my list.  Our 30-year anniversary celebration is coming to a conclusion at the end of this month.  We both got a lot of mileage by celebrating our marriage milestone for a full twelve months.  Our gas tank is full going into 2020 and beyond.  My advice for my friends and family is to make sure your deposits always exceed your withdrawals.  Have a great day.

No comments: