Saturday, December 14, 2019

All in the Family

If you're looking for pictures or stories about my family, you won't find them here.  We have our clever ways of sharing without violating family wishes to be hidden away from social media.  I write fiction.  Other family members share pictures of their beloved inanimate pets.  I have Wilson, the CASTAWAY volleyball who helps me share about my travels.  My sister has a collection of mice with cool names, like Maude and Greta.

Yesterday I shared about my Lucy Project.  My kid sister has code-named her vintage trailer dream to compliment Lucy with "The Linus Project."  I have a feeling she will use her creativity to make a custom quilt and awesome curtains.  She may even have a special place to house her collection of pet mice.  Before she gets too busy with all her grandkids, I'm hoping to enlist her help to make a quilt for the Lucy Project that will remind me of her every time we go on a family outing.  I'm visualizing something that will reflect Lucy's passion for dreaming big similar to when the Beatles came up with the song, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."  I find it amazing that John Lennon's hit song was inspired by his three-year-old son, Julian, who came home from pre-school with an awesome out-of-this-world art piece.  Yes, it's all in the family.  That's how we roll, sans the photos.  Thank God for Wilson, Greta, Maude, and our own pet, Hans, a tiny mouse who enjoys cross-country skiing and instigating family reunions.  I don't want to leave my mother's sister, Marcie, out of this story.  After all, she is one of the few in the family willing to share without the need to sign any type of photo-release documents.  I've shared as much as I can share without exceeding any boundaries.  Have a great day.

No comments: