Sunday, December 15, 2019

Got Curiosity?


If you're having trouble coming up with new ideas for your life, maybe you need some curiosity.  I've heard the saying, curiosity killed the cat.  Well, you're not a cat.  You're a human being loaded with about a billion cells in your brain and they're waiting to be tapped into by your own curiosity.

This last year of my life has been one of the most exciting ever.  I decided it was time to bust through some self-imposed barriers in my mind that prevented me from reaching my potential.  Perhaps the single greatest barrier was this crazy idea I had that I couldn't see the world until I reached financial independence.  That's hogwash.  Maybe my own curiosity is leading me to the best ways to seek adventure without breaking the bank.  It's like having my cake and eating it too, although the cake is pretty much off my approved food list.  If I'm going to see the world, I want to live in a body that's fit and ready to withstand any condition.  You can read my post about the "Lucy Project" to see how my wife and I plan to explore our surroundings once we say good-bye for good to our mortgage.  Meanwhile, I'm using my hotel points to pay for a series of mini stays in the coming year.

I recommend that you place curiosity on your gift list for Christmas.  Make a note to yourself and open it on Christmas Day.  Open it and use it daily.  Use it the same way Albert Einstein did...with passion.  I already promised my wife that I will pursue every project we undertake with passion.  Have a great day.

No comments: