Thursday, December 12, 2019

How Cutting the Cable Changed My Life

It's amazing how your life can change for the better when you make minor adjustments.  Letting go of one thing allows you to grab onto to something new.  For me, reading books replaced TV watching.  I'm reading books that are inspiring me to manage my time better, eat healthier, and live more productively.  I'm on pace to finish my tenth book by the end of this year, a new record.  I find myself in a better mood these days, probably because I'm not exposing my brain to all that negativity that comes from all the talking heads making noises all night long.  I'm going to bed earlier and waking up refreshed.  I'm also guilt-free because I no longer beat myself up for wasting so much time in front of the TV.  My wife and I still watch old episodes of Frazier on Netflix that are commercial-free.  An episode usually goes for about 20 minutes which is a fraction of what my old life looked like.

If you could choose one habit you would like to modify, what would it be?  I believe the best way to change behavior is to concentrate fully on the new habit that will replace the old one so that the transformation process sticks.  Have a great day.

No comments: