Wednesday, December 11, 2019

When the Wheel Falls Off


I peered outside my window this morning and discovered a fresh layer of snow.  This means I need to leave early and proceed with caution as I head to my day job.  It's not as bad as a wheel falling off although some of the people in the 50 car pileup a couple of days ago on I-80 may disagree.  Accidents happen.  They are beyond our control.

My number one method for solutions when I'm facing a crisis is prayer.  Sometimes the answers are stuck in a pileup, like the time Daniel prayed and fasted for 21 days.  The angel, Gabriel, was sent to help but he told Daniel the 21-day delay had to do with demons blocking traffic.  Michael was called upon to open up a free lane so Gabriel could speak to Daniel.  Gabriel told Daniel God heard his prayers and immediately dispatched him but the dark side got in the way.

I will never forget the encounter I had with a traveler named Gabriel while I was vacationing in Big Sky, Montana earlier this year.  We both pulled over the side of the road at the same time to capture the beauty of a waterfall.  Gabriel asked me what I thought the odds were of Michael and Gabriel's meeting.  Then he asked me if I knew the meaning of his name.  He smiled and told me, "It means I'm the messenger of Elohim." He sped away on his motorcycle before I could ask any more questions.  I went back to our hotel room and told my family what happened.  They seemed in disbelief until I showed them pictures from our encounter.  Yep, I've been hearing a lot of Twilight Zone music in my head, maybe the result of my own accident nearly two years ago.  Both vehicles were totaled when I was t-boned.  My bones are healed and I'm ready to venture out in less than ideal conditions this morning knowing God is hearing all my prayers.  My chance meeting with Gabriel inspired me to keep going no matter what the road conditions or obstacles may be.  May you find a way to accomplish all your goals.  Have a great day.

No comments: