Sunday, December 22, 2019

Final Par for the Course Scorecard for the Year

It looks like I'm going to finish the year the same way I started. Yep.  There's going to be a December bogey in my game, Par for the Course.  Financial fitness is no easy task.  The goals I set at the beginning of the year were borderline impossible considering I set out to wipe out more than $100,000 of mortgage debt over 36 months playing a game I created to make debt reduction fun.  The first five months of the year netted five bogeys.  I made adjustments to my spending habits and made six pars in a row.  This month I slipped but I'm feeling good about the next 24 months.

I have a feeling the average person would look at my scorecard and tell me there's no hope of winning in the allotted time.  After all, not only do I need to average par over the next 24 months, I also need to account for those six months of bogeys.  That means I need to master this game quickly and find a way to make a whole bunch of eagles by the end of December two years from now.

For those interested in Par for the Course, it's really about developing habits that promote living a debt-free life.  I may not reach my goals on time but I'm going to get really close.  Once that last payment is made I plan to enjoy a lifetime of eagles meaning zero debt and complete financial independence.  I will share more about the game as I work on my skills.  It's all about developing winning habits.  Have a great day.

No comments: