Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Are You Ready for a Remodel?

Think of each year of your life as a brick.  If you're satisfied with the kind of home you've built for yourself out of your bricks, this story may not be of much use.  One of the key lessons I learned this past decade is that my brain sometimes goes on autopilot and my bricks tend to be placed in my home without really thinking about what I'm doing.  For some, the bricks turn into some kind of prison and every year the walls get more impossible to break free from.  If this idea is getting your attention and you want out of your prison, consider a remodel.  It won't be easy but I'll share some ideas to for reflection.

I'm pushing sixty in the new year ahead.  That's a lot of bricks.  I already know the challenges of remodeling when my subconscious mind is so comfortable with the layout of my home.  The more time I spend looking at my bricks, the more I realize a complete renovation would enhance my living conditions.  The objections are probably the same you may encounter.  In fact, your brain may be telling you to ignore this story and move on to something more suitable for your comfort zone.  Isn't it strange how your own brain can be your biggest enemy when you're considering changing your habits?

What is your 2020 brick going to look like?  Is it going to be different from all the previous bricks?  If you make a conscious effort to change this brick, you may find yourself in an uncomfortable position.  Your brain will fight you, like when the alarm goes off in the morning and your body says, "it's too early to get up, let's go back to sleep.  One snooze button won't hurt."  Well, it does.  Your 2020 brick is the choice between the snooze button and waking up to a new life, one new habit at a time.  It's time to take charge and get started on your remodel, one brick at a time until your living conditions are optimum.

If you're liking today's story but you're uncertain about how to remodel your life, please bookmark this blog and come visit as often as you like.  I'm rearranging some of the old bricks, redesigning some rooms in my house and I know how challenging it is to break bad habits.  I promise to be here every day with ideas to help you with your remodel.  Your brick matters.  It's up to you to decide what to do.  Have a great day.

No comments: