Tuesday, December 10, 2019

One Inch a Day


Life is a series of marathons strung together from birth to death.  It's an all-weather sport played in various seasons and conditions.  There are days when I wake up and I have no idea what obstacles will come my way.  My hope is that I will find a way to advance by the end of the day, even if forward progress may be limited to one inch.  "What good is an inch?"   Consider the difference between life and death.  Yes, that's how important growth is.  Because if you're not moving, you're dying.

I'm a big believer in momentum.  Your daily efforts, even though they may not seem like much, will multiply as your skills improve.  Keep in mind that you may need to change gears if you can't find an inch of improvement in the area of your life your working on today.  Pick a new area and find your inch there.  One inch of improvement in any area of your life will help all the other areas you're seeking to improve.  Use your momentum to go back to the areas where you're struggling and find new solutions.   Have a great day.

No comments: