Sunday, December 1, 2019

Burn the Ships

I'm on my way to my house of worship this morning with my wife.  In our faith, this is already a new year.  The four Sundays leading up to Christmas are a time of expectation.  In my opinion, a great way to prepare is to burn the ships on any old habits that aren't giving you joy or happiness.  Burning the ships means completely letting go without any possibility of returning.

There's a big advantage in letting go.  Your mind is open to creative thinking.  Your heart is open to new friends and relationships.   Your fears are nowhere to be seen.  Well, maybe they may be lingering if you don't light the match and burn the ships.  The idea here is to convince yourself you are okay with moving forward into the uncertainty of a new year.  Why not make a list of some new habits you would like to form and get started today?  Here's a YouTube video by King and Country to help you.  Have a great day.

No comments: