Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Bone Study Followup Today

I'm headed to the College of Public Health at the University of Iowa today as a participant in MOST (Multicenter Osteoarthritis Study).  They are primarily interested in my knees for this study.  I personally believe many health issues can be traced to the foods we eat.   Ever since I eliminated certain foods, like dairy and processed foods, my body has gone through a sort of transformation process.  My excess fat around my belly disappeared.  My double chin turned into a regular chin.  My lipid panels looked like the kind of report card you can't wait to share with your parents.  Most importantly, my energy levels soared.

Today's followup is very different from my own caveman food experiment set up by my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan.  These folks have thousands of participants.  They are using high tech equipment.  The time period covers years.  My experiment had consisted of one lab rat – me.  The time period was 45 days.  The results didn't need scientific evaluation, although the lipid panel results made the experiment more objective than my own subjective opinion about how I felt.

If you're curious about doing your own experiments to see if changes in your daily habits can produce successful outcomes, stay tuned.  I would like to give special thanks to my cousin for offering me an alternative to a life of prescription medicine pills which only serve as permission slips to eat the wrong foods our bodies cannot tolerate.  Have a great day.

No comments: