Friday, December 13, 2019

Lucy Project Declassified

Breaking news.  One of my top-secret personal goals, code-named "The Lucy Project," is now declassified.  When details were leaked to one of my siblings by a mouse in the house named Hans, I decided to share with my readers even though the odds of a successful outcome in the near future are low.  The Lucy Project cannot be initiated until our mortgage is paid in full and both writing projects are published.  Warning!  Projects like this may pop into your head once you release yourself from a daily routine consisting of mindless TV and other timewasting activities.

There was a time in my life when I resisted change.  I was slow to remove my landline and hesitated to cut my cable TV.  I thought ideas like Airbnb and Uber were for the younger generation.  Some argue that "blogging" is an outdated form of communication.  For me, it's my main connection to the outside world.  Maybe all these books I'm reading about self-improvement are influencing me to make changes in the way I view the world.  As each day passes, I find myself embracing bigger dreams without any constraints.  In that spirit, I'm sharing "The Lucy Project."

Lucy is the name of our future van.  She will be fitted with a kitchen, shower, primitive toilet, and a bed.  The roof will be high enough to allow us to stand and the bed will be raised so we can store our belongings below.  Lucy will be equipped with a couple of solar panels to keep us going in remote areas.  There won't be any tv's inside although I plan to have a small cabinet to house my reading material.   I will use this blog to share our adventures.  When Lucy is not in use by our family, she may be available to rent in an Airbnb-type of format.  Who knows?  Future travelers may use Uber or Lyft to come to our location and pick Lucy up for their family vacation.  All I can say is change is in the air.  Have a great day.  Thanks, Hans, for spilling the beans.

No comments: