Monday, April 1, 2019

My Stump Speech


Live long and prosper.  That's my stump speech.  It's rooted in an ancient prayer.  I'm doing my best to make these words a way of life.  I believe living in abundance makes this possible.  The naysayers always have an argument against these ideas.  Maybe it's because they fail to see our awesome God who makes everything possible.  The island of Molokai is behind me in the distance.  I promised my wife I would take her there next year.  If you've been reading my stories, perhaps you're thinking I lost my way and gave up on my dream to pay off our mortgage in three years.  There are other doubters I encountered on my way to the place where this photo was taken.  Like the ticket agent who said it was not possible to get on the plane because final boarding call was about to be announced and I was too far away to get to the gate on time for the last open seat.  I told her, "give it a try and let's see what happens."  Neither of us knew there would be enough of a delay in the paperwork process to get me through the door before they shut it.  The other two agents in San Diego and Detroit also told me it didn't look good when I asked about the loads for our return home.  Surprise.  Both sold out flights magically had seats appear during the last ten minutes when other passengers failed to show up.

Good things happen when you expect good things to happen.  Prayers help.  Hard work matters.  Above all else, be thankful for the blessings in your life.  Live long and prosper.  Have a great day.  Aloha.

No comments: