Thursday, April 18, 2019

Holy Thursday


They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  What about a Holy picture?  How much is that worth?  There's something really special going on in Paris and God's timing couldn't be better.  Think about it.  It's Holy Week.  This is the week Jesus died for you and me on the Cross.  The Cross you see in the picture miraculously survived when everything around it was destroyed inside Notre Dame Cathedral on Tuesday.  When I look at that Cross atop that pile of rubble I think about how mighty Jesus is.  I think about the time Jesus spent on earth serving others by washing their feet, healing their afflictions and even raising the dead.

The good people of Paris vow to rebuild their cathedral and it will take years, perhaps a decade or more.  Jesus promised us he would rebuild the temple in three days referrring to himself.  Jesus teaches us he is with us on our darkest days and he will never leave us.  This picture is one more reminder.  For me, it symbolizes my own brokenness when I'm kneeling in the pews fixing my eyes on him at the altar.  Jesus is the one who can clean up the rubble in my life and make all things new.  He can do the same for you if you trust him and let him in your heart.  Have a great day.

No comments: