Saturday, April 27, 2019

My New Friends are in the Championships Today



My new tennis friends from Ohio, the Tiffin Dragons, are in the finals today.  Unfortunately, I don't get to be in the stands cheering for them.  I won't get to celebrate with them tonight either after their match.  The demands of my day job require a full day of overtime today in order to keep up with our workload.  It looks like the city of Evansville and people who live within 150 miles of our new location are going to overwhelm our support team before we are fully ready to help them join our family.  My half day of overtime is now a full day of overtime.  My heart will be with the Tiffin Dragons while I'm helping out with whatever needs to be done today.


The good news is that at least one of the international players from the team will keep in touch with me and he will share more about what happens today.  I understand the commitment it takes to be a competitive athlete.  The same work ethic that it takes to get to the top of the game in sports is easily transplanted to the work place.  My new friend, Santiago, will be a great asset for any organization who can tap his multi-language skills.  When Santiago asked if my company was hiring I felt like I hit a home run for the leaders at my day job.  "What state do you want to work in?"  I asked.


Santiago looked at me and replied, "Any state.  I'm sponsored with a visa from the US government."


I'm off to my day job today and I'll be thinking about my new friends.  Who knows?  Maybe we can get jobs for others on the team on the team as well after they complete their final match of the season this morning.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Michael Mulligan said...

Wow! I just read Santiago's impressive resume. He would like to stay in the US on his government sponsored Visa. We have been blessed at my day job to have teammates who can speak foreign languages in order to better serve our members. My day job managers will get first shot at hiring him. If you work in a company that needs talent like Santiago. Reach out to me.