Thursday, December 22, 2016

Why the Road Less Traveled is My Preferred Route


Why do you do the things you do?  Do you ever reflect on why you make the choices you make?    Are these choices in some kind of familiar pattern that never changes, like planes circling above in the same holding pattern?  What would happen if you decided to fly in a different direction?

I'm discovering something amazing about my new life which began nearly five years ago when I departed the West Coast in favor of a small town in the Midwest.  My California friends placed bets on when I'd be back.  Most had no clue what motivates me.  I admit if my path had a road sign it would read:  Warning! This road is not for normal people!  Turn around, fool!"  Here's the discovery:  Others around me are curious.  They're asking questions about life on the road less traveled.  Some are joining me.  They aren't paying attention to all the warning signs posted by the status quo.  The idea of living debt free and eating processed food free is catching on.  One of my closest tennis buddies told me last night he is now twenty pounds lighter because he's modifying his eating habits.

If I could make one recommendation to those interested in the road less traveled, my suggestion is to ignore road signs.  Take the first exit of the congested highways and commit to a simple life.  Try it.  It's not a long shot.  It's a safe bet to a better life.  Have a great day.

No comments: