Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas


And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” ~ Luke 2:8-12

One of the first people I greeted at my day job yesterday morning was an older gentleman with a scraggly beard.  "How are you?" he asked.

"I'm awesome," I replied.  The response startled him and he probed deeper.  "I never hear that," he said.  "May I ask why?"

"I'm a believer," I said.

"I'm not," he said.  He added that he once sold Christmas trees in his younger years and he remembered how many people came to him at this time of year who were stressed out.  I focused on his eyes and listened intently.  He told me he was leaving later in the day for a trip to Arizona.  I wished him well and told him I look forward to seeing him again in the New Year.  He smiled and wished me a Merry Christmas before walking away.

My Christmas wish for you today is that the glory of the Lord shines around you.  I bring you good news that will cause joy for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.  Merry Christmas.  Have a great day.

No comments: