Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Next Step


Parenting instincts never die, even when the last child reaches adulthood.  I realized this yesterday when I chatted with one of our daughter's friends, a recent college graduate.  "What's the next step?"  I asked.  She told me she was going to ponder it and get back to me later.  I'm always thinking of the next steps.  It's a part of my DNA.  I know what my next step is – to make sure everyone in my life who is a wife, parent, brother, sister, cousin, son, daughter, neighbor, friend, classmate, co-worker, boss, spiritual advisor, teacher, or any other influence in my life, know one thing – I'm thankful for you.  And to the invisible one, the one who sometimes carries me when I have trouble standing on my own two feet and feel uncertain about the next step in my life – the one who I pray others may see if they look past my own weaknesses, I say thank you.  Thank you for teaching me your ways.  Have a great day.

No comments: