Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Cross of Rubalcaba



I would like to thank my cousin Mary from my dad's side of the family for sharing her vacation photos related to my ancestors on my mom's side of the family.  The photo above was shot during an unscheduled stop while Mary and her family were traversing the country side in Northern Spain.  She joked that her detour was God's way of planning her trip to Rubalcaba, a tiny town with a population of about 2,300.  A sign at the entrance to the town reads, "Cruz de Rubalcaba," meaning "Cross of Rubalcaba."  This is very personal for me because my faith can be traced back to this place.  I recall my grandmother's never-ending prayers for all of us to be under God's protection.  It all goes back to the cross.  This is my daily reminder of what's really important.  Thank you, cousin Mary, for thinking of us on the Rubalcaba side of the family.  What a wonderful Christmas present you have given us. 

No comments: