Monday, December 5, 2016

Are You Real, Jesus?


My sister asked me to watch a five year-old video about the Shroud of Turin.  Many believe this is the the burial garment discovered in the empty tomb by Peter and John, followers of Jesus.  There are actually two parts to the garment, the Shroud– used to wrap the body, and the Sudarium for the head.  After watching the video,  I traced the whereabouts of the Sudarium to Oveido, Spain.  The location seemed mysteriously close to the place where Braña 1 was excavated.  This is the 7,000 year-old skeleton found by hikers and he happens to be the inspiration for my front cover of The Caveman in the Mirror.  I did a mapquest search and was shocked to learn just how close these two locations are – 54 miles!  Call me crazy but these two characters have been haunting me for ages.  Every day these two are becoming more real for me.  Outsiders may get a sense I'm losing my marbles.  So, here's the question of the day:  Are you real, Jesus?

Before you answer the question, do me a favor and put aside all your thoughts and ideas about religion.  Set aside 52 minutes and watch the video my sister sent me.  When you're done, we can discuss the question of the day.  It doesn't matter to me what side of the fence you're on.  I'm okay if you're skeptical.  Perhaps my crazy dreams are meant for you to discover something hidden away from all the "normal" people.  Here's the link to the video.  Enjoy...Click here.


No comments: