Monday, September 26, 2016

Why I'm Betting on the Lab Rats


I took a risk when I asked Paige to be a part of my next book due out on 5/1/17.  She was desperate for a solution and the medicine she was taking wasn't doing anything to help her with her situation.  In fact, she was getting worse.  Her doctor didn't believe food was the problem and to prove the point he asked her to increase her intake of processed foods.  The idea was to use an endoscope to probe her small intestines for signs of trouble.  After enduring months of agony and weight gain, Paige cancelled the test.  "My doctor said the odds of food-related trouble are 97% against me so I'm not going to waste my time.  I'd rather go on your experiment for 45 days and see if my health improves."

I promised Paige a chapter in my next book before she began the 45 day experiment.  "It's all about food elimination," I explained to her.  The lab rats are asked to give up all processed foods and anything with a label on the package.  Dairy is off the table.  No wheat.  No meat or seafood.  No alcohol except for up to two glasses of wine per day.  The only foods allowed during the experiment period are fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  Once the 45 days are up, other foods can be introduced one at a time in small amounts to see how the body responds.  This is how I found the source of my food related troubles.  I was the first lab rat.  Others have tried the experiment but most give up because 45 days is like a lifetime when you're surrounded by family members who can't live without their favorite fast foods.

Paige checked in yesterday eight pounds lighter since joining the food experiment on Labor Day.  "I have not had this kind of energy in years!" she wrote on the Facebook page set up for friends and family members.  That's why I'm betting on the lab rats.  They are living proof there is a solution for many of our modern day ailments caused by eating man-made foods.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: