Friday, September 2, 2016

Lab Rat Checks in One Year Later


What a difference a year makes.  That's how long it's been since I accepted my cousin's challenge to become a lab rat and test his food ideas.  The bloated belly you see in the left picture above is now a distant memory.  So is the double chin.  It took 45 days to transform my body from stout to slender.  According to my physician, I was in the obese category and my blood pressure and cholesterol readings were in the danger zone.  My body was having difficulty digesting what most consider a normal American diet.  I discovered how what I was eating was silently killing me.

This last year has been an amazing journey.  The transformation is life-changing.  I'm 33 pounds lighter on average and the weight loss is permanent.  I no longer snore.  My lipid panels are in the normal range.  I have more stamina than the energizer bunny.  My only setback was a groin injury I suffered from a heated tennis match earlier in the year which was surgically repaired on 8/08.  I have about a week to go until I rejoin my teammates on the courts.

There is a new generation of labs rats to help and I'm doing my best to share the food experiment with anyone willing to make positive changes in their lives.  It's not easy.  Processed foods are addicting.  Peer pressure is difficult to overcome.  All I can say is I'm one happy lab rat.  Thanks, cousin, for extending my life span and for giving me an opportunity to have a better quality of life.  Have a great day.

No comments: