Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sustainability – The Most Important Step in Your Weight Loss Journey


Is permanent weight loss achievable?  Most people I know don't believe so.  They're hesitant to try diets because they fear any weight they lose will eventually return.  Or worse, the scales goes even higher.  I'm one of the few who goes against the grain.  I refuse to give up even when all the odds appear stacked against me.  I believe with all my heart sustainability is possible and I'm attempting to prove it with my own life.  The skeptics are watching my every move.  They know it's been a year since I lost 33 pounds and they're waiting for what they believe is inevitable – a return of the "before" picture.

I started this journey as a food dummy.  I was in the obese category.  My blood pressure and cholesterol levels were both in the danger zone.  That's when my cousin stepped in at the peak of my crisis and offered me a 45 day food experiment.  He believed I was suffering from inflammation and his idea was to eliminate all foods except fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  After 45 days I was allowed to add small amounts of fish, chicken, eggs and red meat while keeping an eye on the scale.  The experiment worked.  The foods still off the table are processed foods,  dairy and products containing gluten.

I'm not sure how many years it will take to silence my critics about the sustainability argument but I'm willing to stick to my cousin's food experiment for the remainder of my life and I plan to add more lab rats to tip the scales in my favor.  Take the first step in your weight loss journey today and make sure sustainability is your final step.  You can do this.  Have a great day.

No comments: