Tuesday, June 23, 2015

It's Time to Kick the Football, Charlie Brown


Can you relate to Charlie Brown?  The poor guy's been harassed long enough.  Lucy looks so innocent with her big smile but she can't help herself.  She's been taunting Charlie with her shenanigans since the 1950's.  This nightmare scenario reminds me of my own personal struggle to kick the habit.  For me, credit card spending is like nicotine.  I'm Charlie Brown.  My football is financial independence.  And Lucy represents all the bullies standing in the way.  I couldn't resist her tantalizing credit card offers with no annual fees and 0% interest.  She seduced me with increased credit limits.  When I decided it was finally time to stop the chicanery, she stole the football before I could kick it.  She laughed at me while I was flat on my back.  It seemed impossible to win.  Lucy had a team of lawyers and third party debt collectors standing behind her to keep the odds in her favor.  I went off the grid and did something while Lucy wasn't looking.  I changed the rules of engagement.  You can read all about it when I publish "Break the Chains of Debt Bondage."

For all the Charlie Browns in the world who are sick and tired of losing, I have something to say.  "It's time to kick the football.  It's time to kick the habit.  It's time to break the chains of debt bondage.  RIP, Lucy.  You're at the end of your comic strip.  Good grief!"

The book will be released when I end my addiction to credit cards, no thanks to Lucy and her thugs.  The pain of withdrawals is almost over.  May it inspire others to move on without anyone to intimidate them.  If you know someone who is struggling with debt, please share this story.  Have a great day.


No comments: