Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It's Not Over Yet


A new revelation hit me this week like a spark of electricity.  That's what writers need to get their work done.  It started out as a thought slow cooking in a crock pot.  The light bulb moment happened while I was thinking about my target audience for my next book.  So many people find themselves stuck in the mud and they feel hopeless.  I'm referring to debt struggles.  For those who falsely believe there's no escape, I have something to say.  Your conflict doesn't have to end in tragedy.  There's still time to have a happy ending.

Baby elephants in captivity are taught hopelessness.  A leash is tied around their neck and staked to the ground.  They realize they are trapped and give up when they can't break free.  Then they grow up and become strong.  It would be so easy to break free if they tried.  Don't let this happen to you.  You have the power to say, "this is NOT how my story will end.  It's not over yet."  Please don't ever give up.  You are stronger than you think you are.  You can snap the leash around your neck.  You can rip that stake out of the ground.  You can trample the debt monster holding you hostage.  And yes, you can live happily ever after.  Have a great day.

No comments: