Thursday, June 25, 2015

Inspiration Through Fermentation


I shot this picture yesterday while on assignment at my day job.  Mike Vincent, the owner of Wooden Wheel Vineyards, gave me and my buddy a tour of his winery, one of one hundred in the state of Iowa.  Mike and his wife, Connie, are fifth generation land owners in Keota, Iowa.  It all started when Mike's great-great grandmother, Isabella Clark Wright, received the farm as a land great from the US Government because her father was a veteran of the War of 1812.  She learned about the Iowa land opportunity from her brother and rushed to get the paperwork completed shortly before her 18th birthday when her eligibility was about to expire.

There are three hundred vineyards in the state of Iowa.  Fertile soil and abundant rainfall are fine ingredients for entrepreneurs like Mike and Connie to grow their business.  I can't wait to return to Keota with my wife to sample the Vincent's inspiration through fermentation.  Click here to learn more about Wooden Wheel Vineyards.  Have a great day.

No comments: