Friday, April 3, 2015

Why Good Friday is Important


Today is the most crucial day in Heaven and on earth.  It's the day Jesus gave up his life for you and me.  His last words before dying on the Cross were, "it is finished."  This is where the hope of Easter begins.  It's beyond painted eggs and chocolate covered Easter Bunnies.  Today is about examining our faults and our flaws.  It's about sacrifice.  We fast to remember what Jesus did today so we can have a new beginning.

I don't have to look far to find the mistakes in my life.  Readers are reporting the blemishes in my novel.  "Don't worry," I tell them.  Print on demand allows me to fix the errors and do instant updates.  The other areas of my life aren't as easy to correct.  Like forgiving those who persecute me for my beliefs.  It's so easy to hate yet hard to love my enemies.  All I need to do today is remember how the One I follow handled difficult people.  He washed their feet.  He forgave them.  He died for them.  I'm going to let the meaning of Good Friday soak in today.  Thank you, Jesus.  I appreciate what you did today and I will never forget.

No comments: