Saturday, April 4, 2015

Passover, Easter Vigil and a Total Eclipse of the Moon


The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved. ~ Acts 2:20-21

This story is being written during the lunar eclipse this morning.  I'm fortunate to be west of the Mississippi where viewers will have the best vantage point to see the "blood moon."  It's amazing  how perfect this rare total eclipse of the moon fits into the Bible verse from the Acts of the Apostles.  Our Jewish brothers and sisters are celebrating Passover during the same time as our Easter Vigil.  All of the stars are in alignment.  Here is how Acts 2 begins:

In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams. ~ Acts 2:17

My gray hair on my head is now beginning to turn white.  This is evidence of my advancing years.  Perhaps I'm one of the old men in the Bible verse who will dream dreams.  My novel, "The Caveman in the Mirror," is about a man who has visions.  

My wife and I are headed outside to see the total eclipse of the moon.  Have a great day.  And don't forget to call on the name of the Lord.

Photo credit:  Shutterstock

No comments: