Thursday, April 16, 2015

Going Fishing for a Miracle in May


One of my favorite Bible stories is about fishing.  Jesus stood watching on the sidelines while his followers cast their nets.  Nothing happened.  These men who changed the world once they got their inspiration from above failed miserably at fishing.  Jesus had to show them the way.  They became fishers of men.  Their stories turned into the greatest best seller of all times.

Flash-forward 2,000 years.  I'm readying my boat to fish for a miracle in May and Jesus is watching from above.  I know one thing – I'm doomed unless I get some helpers to join me in the boat.  You have two choices.  You can stand on the sidelines and ridicule me while I cast my net or you can join me and help me change the world.  Please don't play the excuse game with me.  I've been there done that enough times to know that excuses are really objections designed to hide behind fear – fear of failure, fear of the unknown and fear of what others will say if you're caught associating with "those people."  I'm one of "those people."  Yes, I know I'm unorthodox.  I prefer the house brand to designer labels.  And I really don't think I'm qualified to haul in a miracle in May.  Jesus is calling the shots.  He called my name.  I'm going fishing.  It would be nice to have some companions.  Think about it.  The boat leaves the dock on May 1.  Come back tomorrow and find out more about the adventure.  Have a great day.

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” ~ Matthew 19:26

No comments: