Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Salute to the Crazy Ones


I'm feeling inspired today.  Call me crazy.  Call me a misfit.  The bottom line is I believe I can make a difference.  I believe I can change the world.  It starts with a ripple.  One small act of kindness.  Another, asks, "Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"That crazy guy over there.  Look at him all alone trying to change the world by himself.  I think I'll help him out."

Then two people join together to work on the impossible.  A third person says, "you don't have a chance.  I'm going to pitch in even though I don't believe you have a chance in Hell at changing the world."

By the end of the week, thirty seven people on the crazy man's author page clicked the like button to show support.  A few onlookers standing on the sidelines are talking.  "He's out there.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone like him.  That dude's been writing something on the wall every day at 8:08 and he won't stop.  He got some tee shirt guy in an unknown town to make him a cover for his novel.  There's a crazy caveman on the cover.  I think it's a reflection of the writer.  Can you believe it?  There's stuff in there about Jesus.  That's not politically correct.  Who wants to read about Jesus?"

Another voice in the crowd asks, "Did you hear about the Caveman Miracle Network?  I've been reading the writing on the dude's blog wall and people are noticing even though the caveman hasn't spent one dime on advertising.  He got his start with one hundred angels in the outfield.  They donated money to get him off the ground.  He put some free blogs together and opened up an author page on Google.  I checked his stats and he's got over 800,000 visitors on his Google author page and 1.4 million views on his first blog.  Maybe the guy can pull off a miracle."

"Nope.  It won't happen," says another.  "Facebook will block him.  They don't like it when someone tries to get their name out there without paying to be seen.  This guy doesn't have a chance."

"Well, I admire crazy people,"  says a bystander who has been listening.  "They remind me of some people in my own family.  They were misfits too.  I'm going over to the crazy dude's caveman miracle network and I'm going to join.  The caveman says he can't start until he has one hundred volunteers.  I want to see what he can do if he makes his goal."

Click here to join the quest.  Help a kid out and click the like button on the author page.  Make a miracle happen.  Be a part of the ripple effect.  Thank you.






No comments: