Monday, April 6, 2015

New Week, New Life


This has been an exciting year so far.  I became an army dad in January and a novelist in March.  The calendar is filling up with graduations, weddings and a couple of vacations.  My mother is planning a visit in May.  Life is good.  The greatest joy is tied to what happened yesterday.  Our hometown church reopened after two months of renovations and we celebrated Easter in the front row with my wife's aunt.  The church was like new again.  The alleluias were back.  Members of the congregation were dressed in their Sunday best.  I thought about what Jesus said in his final hours, "Behold, I make all things new."

This is a new week.  We've been given new life.  The door to Heaven is wide open.  Jesus is calling out to us, "Follow me."  There is no greater title than to be called follower of Jesus.  No qualifications are needed to become a Christian.  Jesus doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called.  Follow Jesus.  He knows the way to a new life.  Have a great day and a great week.

No comments: