Thursday, April 9, 2015

Final Hurdle in the Leap of Faith


Christianity is complicated.  I know people who took the plunge.  They made following Jesus look easy.  I stayed in the shallow end of the pool for a long time.  Certain Bible verses made my stomach queasy, like this one from the tax collector... "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." ~ Matthew 19:24.

I gave almost everything to Jesus.  The last thing I held onto was the money.  I felt more comfortable managing my assets than turning them over.  The irony here is that everything I gave to Jesus turned to gold and everything I withheld became a liability.  In the end, I said, "okay Jesus, you can have everything.  I'm sorry that my money is in the negative but I want you to be in charge from now on.  Never again will I hold back."

I'm making the final credit card payment on July 1, 2015.  Our cars are paid off.  All future automobiles will be purchased using cash.  My story, "Break the Chains of Debt Bondage," will be published on Independence Day.  It's based on Biblical principals.  They work.  Jesus makes all things new.  The leap of faith yields great dividends.  Trust Jesus.  He'll cover you assets.  Have a great day.

No comments: