Sunday, April 12, 2015

New Author Page on FB Dedicated to my Dad, the First Independent Publisher in my Family


Pictured above is my dad, Patrick John Mulligan, handing me an autographed copy of his first book, "The Bisbee Doll with the Purple Tongue."  If he were alive today, he would be stunned by all the recent developments in the world of publishing.   It baffles me that a reader can order a book and receive it twenty-four hours later.  Amazon doesn't even begin printing a book until it is ordered first.  This print-on-demand process reduces storage fees and streamlines the whole process.

Dad's battle with cancer ended two years prior to Facebook's introduction into the social media world.  I wish I could share my new author page with him.  His memory lives on in all my writing projects, including "God's Black Sheep Squadron," a family memoir about his last thirty-five days with us.  If you would like to see my new FB author page, dedicated to my dad, click here for the link.  I would appreciate it you would please like the site.  I picture my dad looking down from Heaven and offering a toast to all my visitors and friends.  Have a great day.

No comments: