Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Next Challenge – 100 Day Lightning eBook


The number one complaint I hear from people who can't get things done is, "I just don't have enough time."  What they're really saying is, "I don't have enough discipline."  My best friend from high school, a chemical engineer, came up with a theory about the relationship between time and tasks.  "Time expands to fill the job," he told me over thirty years ago.  I'm putting his theory to the test with my next project but I'm doing a little reverse engineering before I begin.  My idea is to shrink time to fit my next book into a one hundred day lightning eBook.  If the theory works, Break the Chains of Debt Bondage will be available on the 4th of July, one hundred days plus one from today.  Here's my plan:

Day 1.  Design the cover and send it to my artist for completion.  Decide approximately how many chapters to place in the eBook and make an outline using Scrivener 2.  Send an email request asking a law professor to say a few words for the back cover.  Write the book credits.  Write chapter one.

Day 2 thru 24.  Write five hundred words per day.

Day 25 thru 32.  Take a family vacation to see our son graduate from boot camp.

Day 33 thru 60.  Write five hundreds words per day.

Day 61 thru 90.  Edit and re-write all chapters.  Send manuscript out for editing.  Order proof copy from Amazon.  Post a message on FaceBook to let friends know I'm still alive.

Day 90 to 99.  Complete editing process.

Day 100.  Celebrate my 55th birthday.  Plug the TV back in.  Release my third book.  Call my best friend and tell him his theory works.

For those of you wondering if I'll be be taking a break from blogging during this challenge, the answer is no.  I'll be here every morning at 8:08 to keep in touch and hope you will be my accountability partners.  Thanks for visiting.  And if you're wondering what I'm doing with that extra day in the one hundred days plus one challenge, I'm using today to follow up with my new artist for The Caveman in the Mirror so I can send the cover to Amazon and release my first novel.  The St. Patrick's Day deadline didn't work out as planned.  It looks like my time target ideas still need some fine tuning.   See you tomorrow on day one of the 100 Day Lightning eBook Challenge.  Have a great day.


No comments: