Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Caveman Front Cover Still Stuck in the Birth Canal


Hold the cigars.  If you're waiting to order your copy of The Caveman in the Mirror from Amazon.com today, the birthing process is not going according to plan.  The front cover is stuck in the birth canal.  The picture you see above is only a rough draft I put together using a picture I do not own copy rights to.  I have three choices – secure permission to use this photo, hire an artist to come up with something similar or do a c-section and give my new baby a generic cover.  Unfortunately, my top creative peeps are MIA and I'm having trouble locating the artist who created the blue-eyed caveman I feel so drawn to.  I would rather keep working on the first two choices than settle for a generic cover just to meet my self-imposed release date of March 17.  I'm not going to let this ruin a great day.  We are celebrating our daughter's twenty-second birthday with a St. Patrick's Day parade.

I spoke with my favorite doctor last night after he emailed his endorsement for the back cover.  John's words were delivered on 3/16 and he put everything in perspective with the following verse:  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life ~ John 3:16.  I'm thankful Jesus was born on time.  Bedrock may be a little late but that's okay.  We have eternity to celebrate all the blessings in our lives.

Thank you for your patience.  Once the cover is finalized and I review the final proof from Amazon you will be able to order your copy.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: