Sunday, February 8, 2015

Have You Been There?


Have you been there?  I'm referring to that place your voice inside your head challenges you to go.  It's not comfortable.  It may be a little muddy and scary looking.  It's that in-between zone that separates you from your destiny.  You will get dirty trying to navigate through it.  I know something about this place.  If you decide not to accept the challenge, something else will remain with you for the rest of your life.  Many people know the name well.  Regret lags behind long after all your other room-mates move out to pursue their destiny.  Regret says, "stay with me.  I'm safe.  Just settle.  Compromise.  Stop chasing those silly little dreams."

I kicked Regret out of my home long ago.  I got muddy.  Regret was right about one thing.  Leaving my comfort zone did change me.  It made me stronger.  I gained confidence.  I learned how fun obstacles can be when you journey out into the unknown.  If you haven't been there, book a trip today.  Just open the door and go outside.  One day you can tell your children and grandchildren, "I've been there, done that and it's worth it."  Have a great day.

No comments: