Friday, February 6, 2015

Do the Work


I shared my vision board with my wife this morning.  She liked the extra sheets with time targets for 2016 and 2017.  Now that my goals are all charted, I'm noticing something – I have a lot of work to do.  The good news is I have focus.  I know what I need to do every day to make my dreams come true.  There's no room for slacking.  My wife and I will need to work as a team.

I learned an important lesson about big projects, like writing a novel.  The job is more manageable when it's broken down to the molecular level, similar to making smoothies.  I really don't like eating spinach or carrots.  But I love making smoothies.  When I add spinach, carrots and celery to my morning fruits and blend everything together at a super high speed, it's not so difficult to swallow.  Just do the work, a little bit at a time.  Have a great day.

No comments: