Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.






~ 1 Corinthians 13:7

We received our fifth letter from our youngest son yesterday.  He just completed the first phase of boot camp, the most challenging and demanding of the three phases of training.  Red phase is where boys become men, where comfort zones are stretched beyond one's own imagination and where endurance becomes a way of life.  I never saw a connection between army and love until I read the verse from 1 Corinthians 13:7 this morning.  Our son is living this verse in his daily training sessions.  Anyone who is a follower of Jesus is called to live this verse.  Anyone who ever committed to a wedding vow has a template to use in their marriage.  It's so much more than giving your spouse flowers and chocolates on Valentine's Day.  It's about loving every day, every time, without fail, no exceptions.

I'm adding this verse to my vision board.  I want to carry it with me through all the phases of my training on this earth.  Happy Valentine's Day.  Thanks for visiting today.

No comments: