Tuesday, February 10, 2015

5 Steps to Get Organized


I don't have time to be unorganized.  I discovered this when I reviewed the good, the bad and the ugly from 2014.  Organization stood out as an area of my life that needed help.  I spent too much time hunting for things that were never properly filed.  I realized there were too many nooks and crannies filled with useless junk.  Here are five things you can do to get organized.  Give these ideas a try and discover how getting organized saves you time and money.
  1. Make your bed every morning.  This helps me in two ways.  I'm not tempted to crawl back in bed after it's made so I'm more productive.  Also, when I look at my bed all made up it makes me feel like I'm more organized and this feeling spreads to other areas of my life.
  2. Dump or donate everything you don't need.  This is huge.  Too much stuff leads to trouble.  It's impossible to be organized when your drawers are overstuffed with things you don't even use.  Take an inventory of every room in your house.  If you don't use it and it's worthless, throw it out.  If it can help someone else, donate it.  
  3. Make a vision board and post it where you can see it daily.  This is a poster board showing all the things you are working on in your life.  This gives your brain a target to shoot for.  Make sure cut the clutter is on your board so your brain will be reminded on a daily basis.
  4. Attack "the room."  It's the place where you put everything so everything else looks organized.  It's the "default room" where you hide your junk.  Turn that room into something special.  You will never really be organized until "the room" is conquered. 
  5. Make sure everything has its own place.  You will save time and money.  Think about all the time you spend looking for lost items or how much money you spend replacing things you can't find.  This will no longer be a problem when everything is stored properly.
Have a great day.  May your life be clutter free.  Just remember to do something every day that helps you get better organized.  It's a continuous journey but it's worth it. 

No comments: