Sunday, February 22, 2015

3 Reasons Why You Should See McFarland, USA


Last night was date night with the Mrs.  I didn't expect to relive childhood memories when we saw McFarland, USA during opening weekend.  This movie got to my heart.  I don't want to give anything away here in case you might decide to check it out.  Here are three reasons why you should see McFarland, USA:
  1. You will feel good.  There's a reason why we connect with the underdogs, like our beloved heroes from the 1980 miracle on ice team.  We feel their pain.  We know what is feels like to come up short.  Then it happens.  A coach or a mentor comes in and gives us hope.  This movie is about hope.  It's based on a real life story.  You will leave the movie theater feeling uplifted.
  2. You will appreciate the hills in your life.  After you see this movie, you will have a better understanding of why you need mountains in your life.  Mountains are opportunities disguised as adversity.  This movie will inspire you to climb your mountains.
  3. You will change.  This is what happens when your heart is moved.  This movie will inspire you to say to yourself, "one person can make a difference.  Why not me?  Yes, me.  I can make a difference.  I want to make a difference.  I'm going to change the world, no matter what I've done wrong in the past, no matter what my circumstances are, and no matter where I live.  I'm going to make a difference."
Go see the movie.  Have a great day.

No comments: