Monday, January 19, 2015

Your Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit


Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; ~ 1 Corinthians 6:19


Isn't it amazing what we do as soon as we know a house guest will be staying with us?  We clean everything.  We organize.  We fill our pantry with the best foods to serve our company.  We want everything to be just right.  What about the guest we invited to live in our heart?  Do we give Jesus a tidy place to live?

I've been pondering what I can do to better serve Jesus in this new year.  He gave me an amazing gift to help me carry out God's plans for my life.  The Holy Spirit is with me wherever I go.  I'm taking steps to get my mind, body and soul in better shape.  It helps knowing my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.  I don't want to let my house guests down.  Take a moment today and think about what you can do to take better care of your body.  I'll share more about my action plan in the coming weeks.  Have a great day.

No comments: