Saturday, January 10, 2015

How to Defeat the Negative Voices in Your Head

"If you hear a negative voice inside your mind that says 'you cannot write', then by all means write and that negative voice will be silenced." ~ Michael Mulligan


R.I.P. negative voices.  You've been with me for as long as I can remember.  You were there the day I started blogging.  You told me to give up.  You said nobody would ever read my stories.  You were there every moment I was locked up in solitary confinement writing my first memoir.  You teamed up with the voice of temptation for the one-two punch when you said "give up, it's not worth all this time you spend" and temptation chimed in, "look how nice the weather is outside, you should be on the tennis courts."  Thank God Mother Nature sent out a restraining order on temptation and warned him to stay away from the cold weather states like Iowa. Yes, I'm residing in the perfect writing climate.

I found my writing voice.  It's a gift from God.  The more I use it, the easier it is to overpower that negative voice whose only goal is to weaken my spirit and banish me from cyberspace.  I feel confident about my writing goals and can't wait to release two more books this year.  R.I.P. negative voices.  You suffered a wardrobe malfunction during the half-time performance of my life and your negativity has been exposed for all the world to see.  It's time for you to exit.  Why not go outside and play tennis?  Temptation is looking for a new opponent and you two are made for each other.  Have a great day.

No comments: