Sunday, January 25, 2015

10 Steps to a Healthy Life


It's amazing how the small things in life become big things.  One small improvement in one area of your life multiplies and spills over into other areas of your life.  Today's blog includes ten tips for improving your health.  I admit I'm not a professional stair climber.  I have to keep working on these ten steps in order to maximize my health.  I hope you decide to try these ideas out and let me know how they work out for you.  Here goes:
  1. Declutter.  This is huge.  Your mind works more efficiently when everything around you is organized.  Start with one room in your house.  Keep going.  Don't stop until all the clutter is gone.
  2. Put some thought into your grocery shopping.  Make lists.  Avoid buying junk food that isn't on your shopping list.  If you only have healthy food in your home, you will eat healthy.
  3. Put exercise on your to do list.  Itemize everything.  Don't go to bed until you check off everything on the list.  Start small.  Add new exercises as you progress.
  4. Go to bed on time.  If you cheat yourself when it comes to sleep, you will suffer consequences.  Give your body ample time to recharge.  
  5. Let go of grudges.  They are heavy.  The only person they hurt is you.  Get rid of them.
  6. Decide to be happy.  I call my happy place the "zen zone."  It's my choice every day to stay in it or allow someone to take it away from me.  It's like playing "king of the mountain."  There are many worthy opponents who try to knock me off my spot.  Sorry.  I'm not giving it up.  I'm going to be happy in all circumstances.
  7. Be thankful.  Acknowledge others when they do something kind and generous.  Send thank you notes.  
  8. Teach someone how to fish.  You have a specific gift you can share to improve someone's life.  Don't just feed them a fish – teach them how to catch their own fish.
  9. Find your passion and live it.  Don't worry about what the world thinks.  You know in your heart what inspires you.  Go for it.  Live your dreams.
  10. Find your connection to the Creator.  If you're searching for something and you can't find it, this may be what you're looking for.  All you have to do is reach out.  Give prayer a try.  It makes all the other steps easier.
Thanks for visiting today.  If you find these tips helpful, please share them with a friend.  Have a great day. 

No comments: