Sunday, January 11, 2015

Retired Hole Digger Turns Life Around

Yet being so inspired, Mike soon realizes that Mary Anne is now trapped in the cellar, sunk deep in the ground without a plan or a means to get out. ~ excerpt from Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel

Mike Mulligan loved digging holes with steam shovel, Mary Anne.  In real life, I'm not much different.  I know what it's like to be sunk deep in the ground without a plan or a means to get out.  My wife told me, "stop digging."  That's step one for turning your life around.  Living within my means is my new mantra.  The plan is working.  It takes discipline but it's worth it.

What happens when you stop digging deeper holes?  You discover a whole new world.  You sleep better knowing there really is a way out no matter how deep the hole is you dug.  I informed my wife yesterday about my idea to make a garden in the back yard out of recycled materials.  I'm not digging any more holes.  The garden will be raised.  This will keep the bunnies out and prevent damage from heavy rains.  The raised garden is also symbolic of how I'm living my life now – above ground.  If you're sinking, take make wife's advice and stop digging.  Have a great day.

No comments: