Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The First Mile Marker of the Year


The best time for course adjustments is at the beginning of the journey.  How are you doing on your 2015 progress report?  If you haven't committed your goals to writing, today is a good day to get out your pen and paper.  The week one mile marker is already here.  If you feel good, keep going.  If not, it's time to make the necessary adjustments.  The best advice I have to offer is to make sure you're enjoying the ride.  Make your goals fun.  Here's an example from my personal life...

When my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her I wanted gifts that would help us to make better food choices.  The Vitamix was under my tree this year.  I've been juicing every day since I unwrapped it, sometimes twice a day.  It's fun.  I love creating new recipes, such as making ice cream using spinach. The best part about juicing is the ease of clean up.  It only takes about one minute to clean and rinse the Vitamix.  I'm having so much fun juicing that I forgot it was a New Year's Resolution.  It's really a way of life.  I feel better and I have more energy.  I'm excited about mile marker two and beyond.  There's no way I will ever digress.  That would be like taking my Disneyland tickets away from me.  No, it's not going to happen.  I'm staying on course.

Make your goals fun.  Give yourself small rewards for reaching your weekly mile markers.  Make the adjustments today so you can stay on track.  Please share what you're doing to achieve your 2015 goals in the comment section below or send me an email.  I'd love to hear from you.  Have a great day.


No comments: