Friday, January 16, 2015

Why My 2015 Vision Board is Still Blank


Every morning when I wake up I see it on top of our dining room table.  It's an over sized fluorescent green canvass with nothing on it.  I'm trying something new this year regarding my goals for the next twelve months.  Instead of filling the board with all the things I want to accomplish, I'm asking God to fill it for me.  His answers don't show up immediately.  They start out as tiny whispers in my head. Slowly, the voices get loud enough to inspire me to take action.  I already know God's ways are not my ways.  The challenge is to figure out what his ways are.  Jesus gives us clues to help us find our way.

Look what happened when God sent his Son to become man.  Everything changed.  Do you see what's on the calendar?  It's 2015.  There's the first clue.  Our calendar begins when Jesus enters the world.  It ends when he returns.  Everything in between is our daily challenge to align ourselves with God.  My vision board may look blank but God's ideas are getting ready to sprout like tiny seedlings pushing their way to the surface.  I'm excited.  I'm ready.  I hope you come back and visit often.  Let's put our heads together and see if we can figure out what God wants us to do this year.  I promise to show up every day until my time here is up.  Feel free to add your comments below or email me if you prefer to stay off the grid.  I'll let you know what's on my vision board as soon as I get more clues.  Jesus says, "knock and the door will be opened."


No comments: